- What customer information is collected from you
- How information is collected, used and shared
- Customer right to access and control information
- Security of the collected information
- Passenger card
- Contact details
1. What customer information is collected from you
We will ask you for following information for reservation:
- email address
- phone number
This information is used to reserve requested services, to send confirmation details and, if necessary, to inform you of any changes or news regarding your journey. If we have issues of fulfilling your wishes, we will contact you. Phone number is only used if we need to urgently contact you or you have made a mistake filling your information.
Additionally we may collect following information for customer service:
- all additional information related to reservation
- payment, invoicing and payment issue information
- information regarding your use and purchases of our services
- your wishes and requests regarding reservation for example dietary requirements.
- other information required to uphold customer service relations
All accommodation services are required to collect passenger card information from all accommodation passengers. Accommodation service provider is designated information holder of this information in order to comply with Finnish law. More information in section 5.
2. How information is collected, used and shared
Only ‘Into The Wild – Wilderness Adventures in Lapland’ own all customer information.
All information is only collected for reservations and customer service. Information may also be used for direct marketing in the form of email newsletters.
We only collect information that is voluntarily provided to us by:
- at the ‘Into The Wild – Wilderness Adventures in Lapland’ lodge
We will never forward, rent or sell customer information for third parties.
Names and contact details are only forwarded if you ask us to book or use third party services for you.
Passenger card information is forwarded to police if requested by authorities.
3. Customer right to access and control information
As our customer, you have a right to:
- ask us to delete or modify your customer information, (excluding passenger card)
- see all possible information collected of you
- notify us of any concerns you have regarding customer information use
- deny us from contacting you or sending you marketing messages
For above mentioned we ask you to contact us in writing:
4. Security of the collected information
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information by email, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way through a SSL protected email hosting provider.
While we protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. The information kept at our computers/servers is password-protected.
‘Into The Wild – Wilderness Adventures in Lapland’ cannot be held responsible for any information that third parties for example reservation websites or travel agents collect and use regarding your reservation. ‘Into The Wild – Wilderness Adventures in Lapland’ is responsible of only the information provided directly to us.
Your information is kept in database until further notice. If you do not use our services, your data is deactivated automatically after one year of your contact or stay at ‘Into The Wild – Wilderness Adventures in Lapland’.
5. Passenger card
Collecting passenger card information is based on Finnish law 28.4.2006/308 ”Laki majoitus- ja ravitsemistoiminnasta” which roughly translates into law regarding accommodation and restaurant services.
Passenger cards are collected and handled for general safety and security and to prevent and solve criminal activities as well as to collect statistics for Finnish authorities. Accommodation providers may use the collected information for direct marketing unless denied by customer.
6 § Passenger card and passenger information
Accommodation provider is obliged that all accommodation customers fill passenger card accurately. Group reservation can be handled as one passenger notice. Passenger card must state company details, contacts and address. Passenger card must contain following information:
- full name of the passenger as well as his or hers personal identification number or if missing birthday
- full names of all other passenger travelling with the primary traveler and their personal identification number or if missing birthday
- living address
- country of entry to Finland
- passport or identity card number
- Check-In and Check-Out date
Passenger may also state the reason for journey.
Passenger card information must be verified with passenger’s signature. Groups leader may verify group notice with his or hers signature. Section b travelers do not have to provide signature.
Accommodation service provider must verify the identity of the passenger.
Physical copies of passenger cards are required to be kept for one year after which cards are destroyed.
6. Contact details
Heikki Jantunen, Into The Wild – Wilderness Adventures in Lapland